My partner possibly acquired GHSV-2 in late July. We've been operating under the assumption that she did acquire it, although there has been no confirmation yet. I asked her to get tested back then, but as I've read on this forum, it takes twelve to sixteen weeks before antibodies build up to a point where it's detectable by any tests, so it looks like it was wrong of me to ask that of her. That three to four month delay means moving a possible test into late October or even as far as late November.
From what I've read, doctors will only prescribe suppressive therapy if repeated outbreak