• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Summer time fling

I finally met someone after 2 years of dealing with HSV. I don’t if it’s a summer time fling or what but it feels so right. I haven’t felt this good in a very long time. I haven’t been a man’s presence that I liked in a very long. I get butterflies when I’m around him. He keep me smiling. We took a really long walk on the beach last night. I felt normal again. We walked and talked about our past relationship and what we wanted in life. I wanted to to tell him so bad but I know it’s to early but I also know I can’t wait for ever and tell him either.  How when do you disclose? I hate asking my friends or family because they don’t have it so they don’t get. They just like don’t tell him at all then one was like just cut it off before it gets to deep. I’m like I’ll never find anyone if that’s how I’m going to go about the situation. I don’t know what to do. 

Hey @TaintedLove and congratulations! Ooh, I can feel the butterflies over here. 😉

The short answer to your question of when to disclose is this: When you feel you can truly trust this man with your vulnerability. And it sounds like even though it's early on that you two have a foundational trust you're already feeling. Enjoy this time of getting to know him better and sinking into trusting him. No need to rush into sex or disclosing until you have built up that experiential trust together. Treat it as an opportunity for deeper connection instead of fearing it as the thing that's going to send him running. Because if he's the man for you, he'll see/recognize your integrity and courage way more than he'll see herpes. 

Here's a video and article that goes into more detail about disclosing:
https://www.herpesopportunity.com/post/the-herpes-talk-and-your-perspective

• Like 1

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

My pleasure! So glad to hear you got something out of it. You can also read the free ebook and handouts for more on this approach. Here’s a link to those: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

PS — That’s actually one of the very first videos I ever recorded before H Opp ever existed. An oldie but a goodie. 😄

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: