• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Disclosing herpes status

This guy that i am dating , i didnt tell him that i have herpes until after we had sex multiple times. i was scared of getting rejected. scared to tell him and face the fact he wouldnt wanna be with me if he knew i had it. i convinced myself that as long as im not having an outbreak that i cant pass it on to him when that isnt true. i put him at risk of getting it. and i dont know if he will ever be able to forgive me for not telling him sooner  , before we had sex. it had only been about a month when i decided i had to tell him. i didnt wanna get deeper involved with him without disclosing that i had it. he deserved to know.  i just wish i told him sooner. its only been like 5 months since i was diagnosed with herpes. I still haven't come to terms with the fact that i have it. 

On 7/27/2019 at 7:11 PM, alone1994 said:

He was upset and didn't really wanna talk about it. he told me that he needed some space and time to process it. I just wish that i had told him sooner but i made a mistake. 

Did he got tested and if he caught it? How would you respond if he gets it?

he didnt get tested yet, i dont think. he is still upset. which he has every right to be. i wish i told him before we had sex. i made a mistake. he has no symptoms at all right now. he said that maybe over time he can forgive me, but doesnt know right now. and if he does have it, i feel really terrible. but either way theres always a risk, condom or not. 

• 1 month later...