• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My HSV2 Story

Good morning, 

So I’ve been dealing with this for quite some months now and I stumbled across this website and read a few stories. My story is somewhat similar, but my worries now are different. So, earlier this year I had contracted hsv2 from my now boyfriend and sex partner. I had noticed the unusual outbreak and immediately went to the doctor not only because it looked disturbing but it was also so painful. When my doctor took a glance at it she stated it was hsv2 but she needed to run some test just to make sure. My heart had dropped because I haven’t been with very many sex partners and for me to be in my late 20’s and have been pretty protective over myself I thought why me. I didn’t know if I should tell someone and if I did tell someone who would I tell. Of course I told my boyfriend and he said that I didn’t get it from him. I was devastated because I know for a fact I was tested before we hooked up and I hadn’t been with anyone since him. We decided to stay together (& I have doubts about that) and whenever the topic comes up it’s always an instant argument about who gave it to who. Sometimes I feel like I only stay with him just because I’m scared I’ll give it to someone else and dealing with the anxiety of telling someone that I have this. 

So, fast fwd to today at the time I was diagnosed I was scared. Outside of telling my boyfriend I ended up telling my older sister. It has been brought to my attention that my older sister had been running her mouth and telling other family members and I am furious. I am currently out of town so I don’t have to face anyone just yet, but I’m to the point to where I never want to go back. What should I do?

• 2 weeks later...

I really don’t know what sister would do something like that!? I’m so sorry. I can’t imagine my sister/best friend doing that to me.

I’d confront her and think about ridding your life of toxic people, unless she shows remorse and it was an accident and not done maliciously.

As for the others, don’t let them shake you. When you face them, you can either lie about it and save that conversation or if you’re confronted you can say, and your point is?? Most of our population has it and my body isn’t any of your business!

And think about your relationship as well. If you think you’re staying with him for those reasons, realize that you deserve happiness and you’ll still be able to find it. Good luck with everything and hugs!