• Need support? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum, a supportive and positive group of people to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have ... 

Sign in to follow this  
difficultroadahead

Is it possible to have both HSV1 and HSV2?

Hi All was just wondering if the above is possible??.

My story...

2016 I noticed 2 blisters on shaft of my penis.I did not have any other symptoms of herpes. I popped them and went to a dermatoligist asking if it was herpes,he said no looked like some sort of bacterial skin infection gave me some creams and antibiotics and sent me on my way.

Anyway fastforward to June this year ,all of a sudden I had a prodrome of tingling on my skin like something was crawling. 4hrs later 2 blisters appeared again on the shaft of my penis.I really got concerned as I had had protecected sex with a new partner a week prior.

So i went to 3 gps and 1 proffessor of Derm who all said it was not herpes,I was still unsure and went to A 4th GP who said this looked like clinical herpes.Sent me for bloods and put me on 5days Valtrex.

So bloods results came back as follows HSV-1 IGG positive ,HSV-2 IGG Negitive and IGM HSv 1 and 2 Positve. so was not sure if this was Ghsv1. doc said that our tests here in South Africa Cannot distinguish between HSV1 And 2

Anyway 6weeks later went for another blood test and this time all came back positive.

What are you guys thoughts on this?

Could it be just GHSV 1 from a few years ago or Ghsv2 from new infection?

Sounds like you have both , probably have 1 on your mouth but maybe have never had symptoms ? You can go to Westover Heights .com and pay to ask Terri Warren about this , she will clarify for you