• Need support? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum, a supportive and positive group of people to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have ... 

Sign in to follow this  
makingpeace

Anxious GHSV1

I had my first GHSV1 outbreak which fortunately was quite mild and not painful at all just about a month ago. My doctor was very surprised when my swab came back positive for HSV1. 

At first I was relieved that it was HSV1 as it seemed like a somewhat milder version of HSV2 overall. Though now after doing my research I'm even more confused. 

*I've seen the info that states viral shedding happens 3-5% days a year in GHSV1, but a new study Terri Warren referenced states that after 2 years it seems to shed only 1-2%... though when initially infected the person sheds more like %15% of the time - should I be avoiding sex altogether over the next few months?

* I was never put on an anti viral as my symptoms were not painful and cleared quickly though now I'm wondering if I should be on suppressive therapy as to prevent transmission? 

*I do not currently have a partner but the idea that I might transfer my HSV1 to someone is really causing anxiety especially since there aren’t any clear transmission rates. 

Help please