• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How long does your first outbreak last for? SOS- first breakout causing a freak out

Hi! So I was just diagnosed with HSV1 this week and it’s been really rough. First, I felt like I had the flu, I had a 103 fever, body aches, sore throat, swollen gums and then cold sores that started popping up inside my lips. Now it’s been almost 7 days into my first break out and the flu like symptoms are gone but the cold sores won’t stop popping out! I have about 7/8 sores on my chin area and another 5 across my lips and some inside my mouth on my tongue and cheeks. My gums are still swollen and my mouth hurts so bad I’ve only been able to eat smoothies for 6 days. How long does the first outbreak last and why do they keep popping up? What is going on? When can I get my face back?

I’m sorry, I was hoping antivirals would be your answer. My first outbreak lasted a few weeks but I don’t recall getting continual blisters. Hang in there. If it gets worse contact your dr again. You may also want to try Lysine, that seems to work well for HSV1. The good news is this should be the worse it ever is and any recurrence will be minor compared to this. I’m sorry I couldn’t be more helpful. 

• 1 month later...