• Need support? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum, a supportive and positive group of people to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have ... 

TreeHugger44

2 years of constant OBs please help

Hi everyone. 35 year old Female and I have GHSV as diagnosed by my doctor even though all my IgG tests are always negative. We are both convinced it is herpes as is another doctor but my lesions don’t have a lot of fluid to swab and I am scared to go off antivirals at this time to test accurately. 

Anyway, I kept thinking it would get better and it doesn’t. I am having an outbreak so painful now I want to scream. I have been taking Valtrex 1gm daily for 5 months with zero relief and sometimes I take 2 1gm pills a day during an OB. I do think it has helped decrease the severity of outbreaks (bumps are smaller and less blister like but still lots of then all over my bump and sometimes thighs or public hair line) but not frequency. 

Anyway, is it normal to have outbreaks basically every week?? Like I had one early August which I thought was finishing up only to get worse Aug 12. That cleared up and led to another one Aug 24, and now Sept 6 I having a horrendous one. What do I do?? Try switching to a different med? Is my herpes resistant?? I am a single mom so how will I ever date again?? It feels like disclosure is a non issue when you don’t even have 2 symptom free and or bump free days to have intimacy. That would scare someone off for sure. To top things off I get tons of itching and burning in my nostrils and chin too and a sore throat to boot. Like I can’t live like this, it’s intolerable. 

Anyway just looking for suggestions and support, thank you so much!!

That sounds awful I am sorry you are going through that, I'm also suffering constant outbreaks . I would recommend speaking to Terri Warren , an expert on the topic , on her website Westover heights . You can pay to Skype her or to ask a question . She has spent 33 years studying herpes and will give you some insight. Were you treated immediately with antivirals right after your first outbreak ? Or did you wait a while and then get the IgG test ? Anyways please talk to Terri Warren she is very helpful , it usually takes her about 5 days to respond 

How is your diet? You could be eating or drinking something that could be causing recurrent outbreaks.(Coffee, chocolate, nuts)

Stress can cause it.

Do you sleep well?

Watch out for alcohol and cigarettes (if you do drink or smoke.) 

On 9/12/2019 at 5:29 AM, Worriedgal89 said:

Certain bacterial infections can also cause blistering 

Dear Worried

Do you know more about this?  I have recurring OB that anti virals seems to keep at bay but my numbers for my IGG test is very low.  I can't swab for HSV because of where I live and I did have my first OB swabbed for bacteria and that was negative.