• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Awaiting Results for HSV-2

James09

Hey, 25 year old male from Canada here. I already know I'm HSV-1 positive from having cold sores since I was a kid. I've had some questionable, extremely tiny abrasions recently(painless, non itching, not uncomfortable) that made me want to confirm if I contracted HSV-2 or not. Since I don't currently have a doctor and work makes it difficult to go to a clinic, I decided to order a test kit from Letsgetchecked. Was wondering if anyone has ever used the site? Thanks. 

Yes ! I just used it and they were great . When you get the kit though , make sure you prick your finger like right at the tip , it can be hard to get enough blood out , I found just letting the blood drip and not massaging the finger was better . I had my results within 2 or 3 weeks of ordering the kit I think . I had to call to get the exact numbers of my results , ask to speak to the head nurse she is the best I can't remember her name. 

8 hours ago, Worriedgal89 said:

Thanks for the info Worriedgal89! I like how if you get a positive result there's someone to talk to and answer any questions. I'm hoping for the best but if not, it could always be worse. There's also great places like this forum to help get through it!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I got my results back after 4 days from when my sample got delivered. HSV 2 negative, while HSV 1 was detected, as expected since I get cold sores every few months. I've had minor balanitis in the past so I'm assuming that's what the scare was. I'd definitely recommend it as far as price goes as well as the call you get from the nurse. Very professional and also shows some emotion when talking to you about your results, can't say the same about friends that have been diagnosed at clinics/ outpatients. Even though I've gotten a negative on the HSV 2, I won't stop trying my best to educate people to kill the stigma around this minor skin condition.