• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Trying my best

I just need to vent a little bit. I am struggling here. I have been doing well for awhile now with accepting the fact the I have ghsv2. However, lately I have been feeling pretty low. I have been through soo much this past year it is a miracle that I haven’t gone completely mad. Long story short- a guy I was dating gave me this “gift” and then left me for another girl right after I found out he gave this to me. He is still just living his life with his new gf just acting as if what he did to me never happened. Meanwhile- while I was going through my first OB- my parent tried to commit suicide. Yeah...talk about trying to keep it together. And to top it all off I am going through a custody battle with my ex and had to gain emergency custody of my daughter due to his problems. So not only am I trying to be the best single mom I can be, I also have to cope with this condition as well. 

I will never understand how someone could do what my ex did to me. How he can go through life and convince himself that he is a good person? It’s honestly so unfair. 

I am trying to move on with my life, I really am. But at the end of the day I don’t know what I did to deserve this or what I did to deserve to be treated like this. 

I feel your pain and I wish I could say something more positive but just know that things will get better.

I think this has been one of the biggest lessons that I can take away from this situation is to be more mindful about who you let into your life,   I will do my best to myself first in all future situations.  I don't know if you can apply that to yourself too.

Take a small notebook and write down one thing that you are grateful for each day.  Read it out loud to yourself at the end of the month and then start again.  It helps.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I look back at the things I have overcome from HSV and I'm now so proud of the person I am. I was brave enough to disclose, I was brave enough to carry on living my life and taking control of my life. You should be so proud of yourself, it affects everyone differently but it was very traumatic to me, if it was traumatic to you and you had all of those things to deal with too then know that you are a boss and you are smashing it because it is difficult.