• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Erasure of my identity, corrective rape?

2 years ago I went to ‘sit outside and chat’ with a guy I never met before, who became very agressive by the end of the night and in spite of knowing I was an asexual* he begged me and pushed me until I, half-asleep, let him have sex with me. He caugh H. 

He blames me for being careless and not disclosing, when in fact I did NOT want to have sex and he did NOT give me a chance to tell him anything anyway. He also states that “you aren’t asexual, you were just too afraid to disclose so you made this up!”... no I didn’t, duh. I even had it on my social media accounts like in picture captions, it’s part of my identity. The level of disrespect he shows is unreal, I feel desperate, unmotivated and outraged because of this whole story. He’s so ignorant about consent too, and I wish I could explain more to him about it, but of course he doesn’t give a damn about anything the woman who ruined his health says. 

How can I cope? Therapists in my area are not very trauma-informed so I’m curious what else can I do... 

*Asexuality is the lack of sexual attraction. That’s it. I still experience romantic feelings and I do have a libido. But I’m physically unable to have any “chemistry” with someone unless emotional bonds are established, even then it’s more like just another form of physical closeness to me and I don’t find it as important as most people. To me sex is like a hug but with more differently pleasurable touches involved. So yeah, some asexuals, like me, actually do have sex, usually in relationships like being in love or having a close friend with benefits. I just wanted to clarify this. 

He also says I ruined his young and free life because he wanted to have casual sex with so many girls and now he can’t... WTF, you can disclose and use condoms and have casual sex! He seems to mean that he wanted to do it unprotected which is crazy to think about because HEY WAKE UP THIS IS LITERALLY HOW YOU CAUGHT H! He has no respect for his or anyone else’s body and it’s so sad to see!