• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Hi all, 

I’m freaking out a bit here. I have Ghsv2 and recently found out I have it in my throat too. This morning I was doing my makeup and my face was fine. I’ve been at work for 2 hours and just went to the bathroom and noticed a section on the side of my nose has irritation on it. But it’s not typical irritation, it sort of looks like tiny bumps are forming. I’m panicking because I’m going out of town tomorrow. Could this be herpes on my face?? I’ve had this since March and I haven’t had anything like this yet. I have a pit in my stomach right now. It’s doesnt hurt, it doesn’t itch, it just feels a bit irritated. I’m going to take the meds and see if it helps, that will indicate whether that’s what I’m dealing with. I just can’t believe where this is popping up. 

Hi,

This is one of those questions that’s hard to give a definitive answer to other than “it could be, but it’s unlikely.” A swab would be the only way to know for sure. Did you get a positive swab to find out you got HSV-2 in your throat? 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Yes, it was a positive swab for the throat. And I also had a swab done for my face and it was positive as well. The outbreak on my face has been the worst one yet, in terms of sensation and appearance. I’m confused how I could have gotten it on my face but the only explanation I can imagine is that I must have auto inoculated myself. I had a facial for the first time a week before the outbreak started there, so maybe the extractions irritated my natural barrier? It’s all very confusing.

• 4 weeks later...

Please read about Spinal Ascension of the virus. Believe it or not this so called "skin condition" virus has the ability to migrate up the spinal cord and especially if it is HSV1 since the cranial ganglia is more of its place of preference. What makes me wonder is the ability to attack and cause new symptoms in new places after we have "supposedly" mounted immunity. 

It looked like I had a canker sore at the back of my throat. Although, I’ve had it on my tonsils as well now and that looked a bit different, it was like specs of white on the back of my tonsils mostly. The canker looking sore didn’t hurt at all and I had no sensation with it, it was just there. When I had it on my tonsils recently I had a sore throat and some trouble swallowing food.