• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I want to learn to love myself and live a normal life.

Hello everyone , I hope I am not ignored. I am 21years old and 22 in the next few months. So this is my story in a nutshell.I lost my virginity to a sexual predator. He willingly transmitted stds to me. Herpes being the incuarble one. I was depressed to the point where I wanted to kill myself but I just couldn't. I stopped blamimg myself,I am currently seeing a pyschiatrist and psychologist.My mom is pretty supportive but I just want to hear from persons who have passed the depressive state and is now living a happy life. I have stopped the negative self talk and I just want to have a positive outlook on life.I want to know what to do, first steps to take in loving myself unconditionally despite this flaw and how to disclose to guys I take an interest in that I have herpes. I am just afraid of putting people at risk. Any advice anyone? I need to stop fantasizing about seeing a cure coming😁 and start being realistic about the fact that this illness is for the rest of my life. I have read some posts and they are awe inspiring. I hope one day i will do the same and this is just a phase that i can, i will and must overcome💪🏾.

Hi @Kacey!

I am 21 soon to be 22 as well and though I didn’t lose my virginity to him, I contracted the virus from someone I idiotically trusted. I’m really glad to hear you’re doing better! I haven’t quite gotten past the phase of “how could I be so stupid” “if only I had ignored him”, but I am past the “why me”. nothing makes me better than anyone else who makes the occasional dumb decision, so why not me. the aftermath of that one is just something I have to deal with for the rest of my life. my relationship with him before wasn’t easy to describe so it’s damn near impossible now. he was unaware that he had the virus himself. doesn’t change the hurt and mental damage I faced when I received the news though. I can’t give you anything inspiring YET, but if you are like me and are looking for a new friend who can understand your situation a little better than most then I’d love to chat sometime! we can get past the depressive state together lol

I’m so glad you’re treating yourself better, Kacey. Super important and vital to turning this into a positive (and just to say, you not only can have a normal life, but an extraordinary one — herpes won’t stop you from that). First thing first, have you downloaded the free ebook and handouts yet? That’s a great place to start to flip this thing around into being an opportunity for finding deeper love. Download it here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: