• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Flu shot trigger outbreak???

Can a flu shot trigger an outbreak? I have ghsv-1 Since March 2019 and I got the flu shot yesterday and I’m feeling the achy pain down there which is semi similar to my first ob. Idk if it’s a coincidence or not but it’s Odd. I also have my period, shaved last week with a trimmer, and had sex (with condoms for the first time since infected). I am aware These are all triggers, but I have been fine with these before and the only different thing in play is the flu shot and sex.

I have no idea if it can trigger an OB, but the flu shot can trigger all sorts of nasty stuff. Have you read the big, long insert that comes with the vial, not that little printed "info" sheet they give you? It is full of nasty crap and has a LONG list of adverse reactions. I got one in my life...and I am still dealing with the injury it caused...16 years later...

@100918 Oh wow , I’m sorry to hear that... I have gotten the shot the past two years and have been fine with it. However those times I got it I didn’t have the Ghsv-1. So that’s why I’m curious what’s going on. unfortunately for work  i have to get one every year.

1 minute ago, Emd44 said:

@100918 Oh wow , I’m sorry to hear that... I have gotten the shot the past two years and have been fine with it. However those times I got it I didn’t have the Ghsv-1. So that’s why I’m curious what’s going on. unfortunately for work  i have to get one every year.

Can you not exempt out and wear a mask? I know a lot of people in the medical field who refuse it and wear a face mask during "flu" season...

• 1 month later...

I believe that anything you inject into your body can cause an OB. Personally, my body does not handle stress well. Even road rage will give me an outbreak lol. I do not get any vaccines but I understand you need to for work. I would suggest doing a lot of self care and showing yourself a lot of love around that time. When you know you’re getting the shot, start a couple days before: epsom salt baths, quiet time, meditation, being with family or calm friends, being in nature etc. But if you start to see a pattern of the shot plus an outbreak, I personally would start the anti viral meds a day or two before each time I had to do it. Much love