• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Needing love advice and encouragement

I broke up with my ex after 4 years of relationship. It was the toughest decision ever. He loves me unconditionally. He is kind, handsome, caring a wonderful guy in general. For 2 years I had been having doubts as I thought he was a bit stuck in life, a bit selfish and immature. I felt like our conversations didn’t flow very well. 
Now that I am single I feel like my whole stability and structure is broken. I find it difficult to believe I will find a man that I truly fall in love with. This has nothing to do with herpes. 
A lot of men are interested in me always. As a matter of fact a lot of guys at work chase me. I was falling for someone but now I’m realizing he is immature, impulsive and too much of a risk. My mom who is extremely psychic and has visions has felt that with this guy something would go wrong down the road...and that I would end up quitting and losing my job. I 100% believe as all her gut feelings have always been right. 
I need someone to tell me about your true love connections and experiences...I just can’t imagine meeting someone else. And feel lonely and disheartened. 
All I want in life is to find true love, fall madly in love with each other, get married and have children. 
I know that I have to work in myself first. I’m only 26 years old. Herpes is a kit scary but I’ve told 2 guys and both were okay with it and accepted. I know someone who loves me for me won’t care one bit about this. 
but how can I believe there is someone out there for me? What if I’m not lucky enough to meet that special someone. 
I have a strong connection with my ex, he is my best friend. We still see each other, he still wants me. I feel confused. But I had been having second thoughts about him for 2 years...and wouldn’t get excited about getting married to him...because of some of his personality traits. And I would fantasize about other men. 
Sometimes life surprises you I know...and you can meet people out of the blue. But I hate being single. I dislike meeting new people like before and always wondering could he be the one...? And then realizing nope for whatever reason. 
please, can anyone who is happy and truly in a loving relationship give me advice and support? 

I even consider going back with my bf at some point just to gain back my stability and knowing I have someone who loves all of me by my side. Perhaps love is overrated. Perhaps what I had with him was special and I couldn’t see it? Perhaps I  always want more ? Or idealize relationships and love ? How can I know ?