• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Has anyone here contracted herpes after disclosure?

Your post comes at a painful moment... my partner of nearly a year told me last night that he thinks he may have contracted H. My heart broke as he told me, it brought back a wave of fear and stigma and shame from when I was diagnosed. He wrapped me in his arms and held on tight telling me that he knew what risk was there and that he went in “eyes wide open” to this. I had disclosed my HSV2 status after our second date and yet we didn’t look back.

We’ve been planning our lives together. I’d nearly forgotten about H— it was just the motion of taking my daily meds and careful to avoid sex if I even felt a tingle of something coming on. But I have been lucky to have had minimal outbreaks since the first 3 months. But now, it’s like a whole new wave of fears...

what if this man I truly love begins to regret the decision he made? What if his outbreaks are severe or complicated and I caused that harm? What if he comes to resent me?

I’ve let him know I’m so so sorry and that I’m here whatever he needs as he processes this outcome. I feel like we’re committed enough to the real us that this shouldn’t get in the way, but it doesn’t hurt any less to think I am the one who brought this into his life.

my positivity will return, but right now I’m just reeling and hurting and concerned about him. I turned back to this forum because I needed the lift it once gave me. So, I too have interest in the answers you receive to this post.

• Sad 1