• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Acyclovir interactions?

When I had my initial OB and diagnosis in February my mental health was in a state of complete disrepair. To the point where I was highly suicidal. Over the past few months I have gone back to therapy and seeing a psychiatrist. I have severe cPTSD and borderline personality disorder but I've been off all meds completely for over 3 years. Since my nightmares and suicidal ideation weren't going away (and even getting worse on some medications) I recently switched psychiatrists and started a handful of different medications. And now I am starting my first OB since being on acyclovir. Other than my initial I have only had one other OB and that was because I stopped my acyclovir. The problem is I cannot find any info online about any of my medications reacting with it and I'm on quite a few. I don't want to just quit any of them cold turkey. Was wondering if anyone else has experience this?

Currently taking lamitrogen (mood stabilizer), prazosin (for PTSD nightmares), Vistaril (sedative for anxiety attacks), and Lexapro (antidepressant)

We are so similiar. Hi. I am only meds for depression as a result from schizophreniform. I had nightmares too and i had suicidal ideations as well but i had to think about how my family would feel if i killed myself. I realised also that alot of persons have herpes. Alot of people have type 1 though. I get antidepressants too but i dont get outbreaks. Havent had an outbreak since my first. The suicidal thoughts will go away after a while. Just try to remain positive , i know its hard but still try. You can inbox me. Currently I dont feel suicidal but i feel numb. I believe we can help each other.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Kacey said:

We are so similiar. Hi. I am only meds for depression as a result from schizophreniform. I had nightmares too and i had suicidal ideations as well but i had to think about how my family would feel if i killed myself. I realised also that alot of persons have herpes. Alot of people have type 1 though. I get antidepressants too but i dont get outbreaks. Havent had an outbreak since my first. The suicidal thoughts will go away after a while. Just try to remain positive , i know its hard but still try. You can inbox me. Currently I dont feel suicidal but i feel numb. I believe we can help each other.

Hello! Thank you for your response! I had pretty much just accepted it as part of my life and really don't even think about it much until this week when I just randomly got a blister. But it was only one and it healed quickly so let's hope it was a one time thing 🤞🏻

I hate having to switch medications all the time