• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I need helpful advice/ words of encouragement

I’m 21 years old and In all honestly it’s been two years since i had this  and i can’t take it anymore this is really nerve bothering i try to stay positive about this and look at the brighter side of things but how can i do that when i have uncurable disease that taunts me every time i turn around i feel pain everywhere and it’s so unfair that’ even the fucking antivirals hardly help eating healthy doesn’t even help much like what more is there to do? I truly wish i had the courage to end it all because i would.

Hi hun, i think you probably have a trigger that you don’t realise - for alot of us girls its our periods for me it’s that and oats - i dunno if you eat oats but maybe try cut that out and see if it helps?

if you get an outbreak before your period take a double dose for a day or 2 and see if that helps

if you need to talk you can dm me!

LostandFound,

How did you figure out oats was a trigger??

I am having 2 or 3 OB's a month and I eat Oat Bran fro bfast.  Could that be it?

On 11/11/2019 at 8:01 PM, LostandFound said:

Hi hun, i think you probably have a trigger that you don’t realise - for alot of us girls its our periods for me it’s that and oats - i dunno if you eat oats but maybe try cut that out and see if it helps?

if you get an outbreak before your period take a double dose for a day or 2 and see if that helps

if you need to talk you can dm me!

Stop eating it for a while and see if thats it! For me i was getting them CONSTANTLY literally back to back so i just looked up common triggers and cut them out my diet. I realised i had granola every morning or porridge and as soon as ive stopped they aren’t back to back anymore.

let us know if it makes a difference!

just look up all common triggers and cut them out for a while see which one made a difference its hard but worth it

Hello dear soul. I feel your pain through this post. I wish I could give you a hug. I have had mine for 7 years and it is currently worse than ever so I am here with you. I have decided to take the antiviral everyday to cut back on the outbreaks. If you haven’t tried that yet, I would encourage it. There are three different antivirals and you could work with your doctor to trial each. This could take months but a solution could be the result. I too have a lot of pain. I’m often jealous of those who don’t. Some days it’s an 8/10 and every step I take hurts. Some days I just break down and cry. But brighter days are always around the corner. No matter what. I practice a lot of self care which I highly encourage. EpsoM salt baths, alone time, reading, meditation, prayer, supportive family and friends, being in nature, or anything that feels good to you. I have not discovered all of my triggers yet either but I would be happy to do so with you. Most veterans figure their bodies out and find a way to have a beautiful life and we can too. There are a lot of home remedies you can try while having an outbreak. Maybe focus on those and adopt the mantra “I am healing”. I am sending you love and would love to chat with you. You can get through this.