• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Moving forward

My ex boyfriend gave me HSV2 four years ago. We dated on and off for those four years, and during our off times, I had a couple of flings and one night stands. The initial person who diagnosed me
(healthcare worker at my college) gave me some advice on how to handle herpes- don’t let anyone go down on you and just use protection until you feel like telling someone. That’s what I did for years (except I’m horrible and people have gone down on me without knowing).. only one person knew I had it because I told him. I guess I was so ashamed I just wanted to avoid my condition. Now that I’m getting older and talking to other professionals, I feel weird and like a liar for not telling people. I now believe they need to know, and they should have consent before engaging in intercourse with me. I’ve definitely made an agreement with myself that the next person I want to sleep with, I tell because I can’t stand this guilt. I’ve literally been severely depressed for this past year because I feel like the worst person in the world. I don’t know if I’ll ever get better, so I’m wondering if I go back and tell the people in my past what I have (even people from 3 years ago) I don’t know what to do— any thoughts, words of wisdom? I’m desperate. Side note-
I also take medicine every day and have been for years. I haven’t had an outbreak (or so I don’t think) other than the first one.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 9:04 AM, Clarity said:

This is a great question. After I found out I didn’t go back and fell any of my exes. As far as I know, they don’t have it. I feel like I should tell them all but I am really struggling as well. 

it's a very personal thing to sharee.. and I feel like such a messed up person for not letting them know.