• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My potential boyfriend has SCID.. and I have HSV2

Not to be a pooper to the party, but even on antivirals, you can still shed HSV while being intimate. I do not know enough about SCID or how bad his immune system is. This is really something he needs to speak with his medical provider about to see what the risks are to him if he was to contract HSV from you. He may be advised that it is too risky, even with antivirals, depending on how bad his SCID is.

That said, if you have HSV-2, the odds are that it is genital, so kissing him will not spread it. However, intimacy can, even if you are not displaying symptoms and you are on antivirals. This is really something that only his medical care team can answer as to how or if you can proceed with a relationship without risking his health. And you cannot give yourself HSV-1 if you have HSV-2. They are 2 separate viruses and you also cannot spread HSV-2 to your face once the infection is established in your genitals, according to everything I've ever seen in my research. 

That all said, he is exposed to germs, bacteria, and viruses daily and he cannot live in a bubble. He may not be scared to be exposed to HSV...and then that brings me right back to him talking to his medical team.

Unfortunately, none of us are doctors here, and even if someone is, medical advice should not be given or taken from a site like this.

I wish you both the best!