• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Do you think I been misdiagnosed with the wrong strain of herpes?

It’s been 3 months since my diagnosis I was a little depressed when I first found out but then things went bck to normal and I don’t even let get to me at all I’m just a very positive person I can’t imagine going through life being sad all the time and I refuse to let his dictate my life I’m only 22 and I’m a male it sucks I got it but I have to keep going my life ain’t over yet I got it from my current girlfriend things are going good with her I don’t feel any hate or anything towards her because she said she didn’t know she had it I took her word for it and it is a infection that most people don’t realize they have plus doctors don’t even recommend you testing for it unless you have symptoms of it which makes it more complicating to test for but since my initial ob I haven’t had any outbreaks I’m a little confused as to which form I have I mean I know I was sick with flu like symptoms but since then I haven’t experienced any bumps or rashes or anything my doctor recommended that I only take meds if I feel another outbreak coming on but since then I haven’t felt anything so their hasn’t been any reason to take them i don’t know if it could it be I got diagnosed with the wrong strain or is too early to call when I will have another ob should I just wait and see. I’m just confused because I heard ghsv 2 recurrence rate is more then gshv 1 and ghsv 1 is less active because it’s in a area where it doesn’t want to be idk does anybody experience no ob after there initial one with hsv 2 or did I get misdiagnosed with the wrong strain  ?

• 2 months later...

You’re right that genital HSV-2 does she’d more than genital HSV-1, so it is important to know what strain you have. Have you checked out the handouts with all the facts and figures on it? It goes into detail about all that. Download them here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Definitely get bloodwork done again and this time get a Western Blot test, which will give you definitive results. Here’s an article on herpes tests: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/post/herpes-tests

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: