• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How will I ever be able to get my future partner pregnant?

Hi Everyone! I am a man who has been diagnosed with HSV2 about a month ago.  All the other mental and emotional trauma this has caused me aside, i am mainly worried about my chances of someday having my own family.  Since I can never have unprotected sex again without fearing transmission, how will I ever be able to get my future partner pregnant? 

How do you all who are in the same situation have come to have families, without being infected, or is that too optimistic of a goal?  What can I expect on that front in the future planning?

I appreciate everyone's input on this. Thank you!

My wife and I have been together for about 5 years and having unprotected sex for most of those years. (I’ve been on daily suppressive therapy to cut asymptomatic viral shedding in half.) She knows the risk and didn’t want to wear condoms, but still wanted the protection that medication gives. She hasn’t gotten herpes yet. And we have an amazing 3-year-old son. 

Don’t let the stigma get the best of you and make you feel like your future is going to be wildly different because of herpes. In fact, disclosing to my wife was the turning point to our relationship. Our relationship got deeper, more trusting, more real. It paved the way for us to fall in love.

So be careful (vigilant even!) of putting too many negative assumptions onto what this means about your life. If you truly believe that you won’t find the love of your life because of this, then you probably won’t. But it’s not because of herpes; it’s because of a sneaky self-fulfilling prophecy. If you truly believe something, then it doesn’t leave the opening for any alternatives. 

Start shifting your perspective toward Opportunity. Start now. (Reading the free disclosure e-book is a good place to start.) Ask yourself how this experience is actually an opportunity for you to embrace a deeper vulnerability and strength in your life. Vow that this experience is making you an even better man than you were before. Caring, considerate, heartfelt, trustworthy, real. Instead of allowing your fears to run the show, allow this to grow you into who you know yourself to be. 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

As it all sounds good & happens for some, it doesn’t happen for all. Don’t matter what you do & what medicine you take there’s always that % of transmitting. You can’t expect someone to accept it no matter how much they love you.

However I’m a female 9yrs H+ & my boyfriend is H- . We are going to try the home insemination process.

you can message me for more details or look it up on YouTube.

• Like 1

You will have kids NATURALLY no problem. The person who is meant for you will accept all that you are! And the risk of herpes, because let’s face it, other than the stigma and the uncomfortable talk we have with new partners, it doesn’t affect our lives or at least it shouldn’t. Any potential partner runs the risk of contracting it from any random person who don’t know they have it but at least with you taking care of yourself, listening to your body and taking medication lowers the risk of transmission to almost nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 2/6/2020 at 8:23 PM, livelifegolden said:

You will have kids NATURALLY no problem. The person who is meant for you will accept all that you are! And the risk of herpes, because let’s face it, other than the stigma and the uncomfortable talk we have with new partners, it doesn’t affect our lives or at least it shouldn’t. Any potential partner runs the risk of contracting it from any random person who don’t know they have it but at least with you taking care of yourself, listening to your body and taking medication lowers the risk of transmission to almost nothing. 

I love this answer. It gives me hope. ❤️

On 2/4/2020 at 5:25 AM, Snookie B said:

As it all sounds good & happens for some, it doesn’t happen for all. Don’t matter what you do & what medicine you take there’s always that % of transmitting. You can’t expect someone to accept it no matter how much they love you.

However I’m a female 9yrs H+ & my boyfriend is H- . We are going to try the home insemination process.

you can message me for more details or look it up on YouTube.

Why this sounds so condescending. If I could dislike this comment, I would. 

• Like 1