• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Anxiety, stress, panic attacks and herpes

My situation may be different from others, but I have read on here that others are having tingling and nerve pain either here and there or often. My situation is a bit different because it seems my tingling and nerve pain seems to start when I’m stressed, not had enough sleep, anxious, etc. I have chronic anxiety, so I’m always anxious, and lately I started taking my medication for anxiety again because my panic attacks have started increasing. I feel it is linked to the new guy I am seeing, and my fear of giving him herpes. I get this way in every new relationship it seems (if they do not already have it) I am so nervous to give it to them that I overthink, stress out, then I’ve also not been sleeping enough, recently catching back up in my rest. Just when I start to feel a little better, I start to have anxiety again and the sensations come flooding back. Sometimes my panic attacks get so bad that I feel like I intensify that pins and needles feeling, and it starts to feel like my skin is burning. I know this feeling is not a forever thing because it’s happened to me before and I was able to eventually calm down and it went away in about a month to two months. This time it’s lingering, and I think it’s because I’ve been stressed for the last three months. You guys aren’t alone in this, but I haven’t seen any posts about those who deal with anxiety and herpes because anxiety is a mental illness battle in itself, let alone adding herpes to the mix, your body will do all sorts of crazy things when you’re stressed out. I hate medicine but started taking my anxiety meds for the sake of my sanity, and my relationship, because this man is wonderful, has the same goals and visions in life as me, and accepts me for who I am, and accepts the risk of catching herpes from me, and you don’t find good men like this every day. I see a future with him, and I’ll be damned if I’m going to let my anxiety reck my immune system any longer, and keep flaring up my herpes. If anyone else deals with anxiety, OCD, depression, bipolar disorder, or any other mental illness that flares up their herpes, please feel free to message me, I’d love to support, as well as have support from other who go through what I go through on a daily basis.