• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Can you elaborate on my test results?

Hi everyone, 

after years of self diagnosis I finally got results to show that I am positive for hsv2 

Just to quickly explain the self diagnosis part, when I had my first outbreak I was Living in a country that sexual health wasn’t as easily accessible, or at least I thought, I was young and stupid. That being said, that said country allowed me to buy the anti viral medication over the counter so I was able to self treat and the treatments worked. Any breakout I had I was fine with treating on my own. Psychologically this hasn’t been good for me but let’s leave that for another time.

When I moved home and realised I couldn’t buy the drugs over the counter anymore I asked my new gyno to prescribe me and he did, without testing. Again I realise this wasn’t that smart in hindsight.

Last week, I had to register with a new gyno and asked her to prescribe me. She said she would but wanted me to do a blood test. By now my outbreaks are really just a day of slight pain, no lesions or visible sores and only when I am sick so not very often , maybe 2/3 times per year. whereas initially they did used to be 2/3 lesions for 3-4 days and it was often. The results came back quite high, at least I think they are high. She told me she’d prescribe me with what I’ve always been taking but to only take the drug when an outbreak occurs (which is what I currently do) and when that outbreak happens she wants me back in to look at other treatment options. I tried to push for more understanding on my results but I got nowhere and she sent me on my way. 

Can you all please have a look at let me know what you think?

HSV 2 Type Spec Ab, IgG, value, 14.30 H 

Thank you! 

ps I can take a pic of the test result sheet if needed

16 hours ago, 100918 said:

The IgG value being 14.30 just indicates that it is an established infection. HSV2 just clarifies which HSV you have...

It honestly did not tell you anything that you didn't already know. You have genital HSV, and you've had it for a while. That's all.

Ok thank you, so just keep on as is!