• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Dealing with The H

I was diagnosed with GHSV 1 in 2017. It was hard i still get depressed with outbreaks happen but hey its life. What i wasn't expecting was that years later i would have oral HSV 1 outbreaks! 😱 My first one was a few months ago i wore a face mask to and told everyone i had a bad cold. Now im having another oral outbreak. I never have symptoms but as soon as i saw a small bump on my lip line i knew what was coming. This time i decided not to wear a face mask but i still feel ashamed. I found myself holding my head down alot today and isolating myself so noone would see my lip. As many facts as i read and talks i get from our veterans here. The doctors and even my boyfriend i still find myself ashamed or feeling embarassed. Its different when nobody can see it and i have it. Now its visible and i dont want the judgement. The stereotypes or the glares. Im still trying to accept my diagnosis years later. I dont think il ever come to terms with it took a piece of me il never get back. Im okay im going to work tomorrow and the outbreak will pass in a couple of days. just venting 💜 

• Sad 1

Its not as easy as ppl make it seem they spit facts at you. You read and do your research but doesn't help with the pain of the outbreak. The discomfort. The fact that you have it. I try not live a normal life then boom outbreak constant reminder that this is my life.

On 2/12/2020 at 1:38 AM, IJDK said:

Its not as easy as ppl make it seem they spit facts at you. You read and do your research but doesn't help with the pain of the outbreak. The discomfort. The fact that you have it. I try not live a normal life then boom outbreak constant reminder that this is my life.

Have u tried anti viral?

• 3 weeks later...