• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Insane itching! Is this the norm?

So, I was diagnosed with GHSV in August ‘18. Second outbreak 5months later was the worst ( probably because I had a severe illness), and have had sporadic but comparatively milder outbreaks since then. 
fast forward to now, and I am under incredible stress and pressure at the moment. I have several big problems not least being a single mother and in the middle of a house move. I have Unsurprisingly developed a really big OB very similar to my second. Very uncomfortable and sore and I’m feeling a bit run down and very tired but MY GOD! What is this itching on and  near the OB?? It’s driving me seriously nuts and I never had itching like this before. It’s intense and constant. Can somebody please tell me this doesn’t mean the OB is infected. I’ve been keeping it very clean and treating with antiseptic. Is this normal or what? I can’t take it! 
thanks in advance x

Oof, so sorry it's so frustrating! 😤Have you gone to your doctor (or even the free clinic) to get it checked out by a medical professional? If you've been taking care of it and keeping the outbreak clean, it's probably okay, but just to allay your concerns, it doesn't hurt to get another pair of professional eyes on it. Itching is common for a lot of folks, especially as the outbreak starts the healing process of drying out and creating a scab. 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

5 hours ago, mr_hopp said:

Oof, so sorry it's so frustrating! 😤Have you gone to your doctor (or even the free clinic) to get it checked out by a medical professional? If you've been taking care of it and keeping the outbreak clean, it's probably okay, but just to allay your concerns, it doesn't hurt to get another pair of professional eyes on it. Itching is common for a lot of folks, especially as the outbreak starts the healing process of drying out and creating a scab. 

Thank you for your reply. I cannot face the humiliation of  visiting my GP again. I had a terrible experience both times that I went there for help. ( I am currently in the muddle of a house move so I will change doctors very soon and try again) and it would be terribly difficult but not impossible for me to visit a clinic ( I am a full time carer and It is difficult to find the free time that coincides with clinic and waiting times) so I’d rather not unless I absolutely must. The itching has completely subsided and has given way to the pain of an open ulcer/ulcers. It would seem that extreme itching may well be my prodrome. I suppose it’s still relatively early days for me and I’m still trying to learn about my H. 
could I ask you one question? Do you believe OB’s can be triggered by stress? 
many thanks for your help. 

I’m sorry it’s so overwhelming! You will get through this. And yes, absolutely stress is one of the biggest factors that contributes to outbreaks. Anything that negatively impacts your body’s natural defenses will inhibit its ability to keep herpes at bay. But know that over time for most people the outbreaks get less and less severe and frequent. Hang in there! 💪

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: