• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Constant outbreaks all of a sudden? What gives?!

Azure

Hey everyone, I’m new here. I was diagnosed with hsv-2 back in 2017. Like many, my first outbreak was miserable. The first year I had maybe 7 OB’s total. I went on suppressive therapy (One 500mg Pill of valacyclovir a day) and have been on it every since. And I’ve had pretty good success with that. Sometimes I’d miss a pill here and there and get a very small OB but it would heal up and I’d be okay for months at a time. 
Ever since December 2019, I’ve been experience constant outbreaks out of the blue. I’ll get one and then another will come a few days later. It’s been miserable to say the least. I’ve called my OBGYN and they have increased my valacyclovir dosage to 1g but I feel like it’s not even working. I’ve started to take l-lysine but with no success. I’ve literally never had any triggers to food or alcohol. I work out on the regular, I eat a balanced diet, I get plenty of sleep. I try to keep my stress to a minimum. I’m just so confused as to why my body all of a sudden cannot handle this virus. Has this happened to anyone else? Does it get better and if so what did you do? I’m afraid that this is going to be my new normal and I’ll be honest I don’t think I can take it if it is. I’m uncomfortable from the moment I get up to the moment I go to bed. I can’t have sex because I’m deathly afraid I’m going to pass this on to my bf. It’s just been a very hard few months and I’m starting to get very depressed because this isn’t going away. Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. 

• 3 weeks later...

Keep trying l-lysine (a higher dose, daily) along with liquid chlorophyll during OBs as well as echinacea & goldenseal (10 days max for that). Ive never taken the prescription meds. Cut out sugar, dont wear friction clothes, if you’re removing pubic hair by traumatic ways (wax) STOP or if you are not, trim it some. Use witch hazel toilet approved wipes & blow dry the area after showers & no underwear to bed. Those are all tips & tricks to try until it goes away & see what works. Personally, taking the supplements at onset of a OB makes it go away in less than 4 days. Continuously taking l-lysine & my flintstones vitamin daily keeps OBs from happening, as well as not wearing friction underwear that would rub against the OB zone. Hope u get some long-term relief asap!