• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Desperate for answers/remedies

Hello everyone, brand new to the forum and hoping for some answers, thoughts, remedies....

Sorry for the long story but...

My bf has HSV1 and only gets cold sores. Over the year we have been together he has gotten more cold sores than ever. He says his stress level and sleep patterns have not changed too much. He doesn't eat anything on the not-approved list and his diet hasn't changed much except that we now eat a lot of eggs because we got chickens.

His outbreaks seemed a bit sporadic at first and very frequent. Once he had 2 in a row and another time it moved to the inside of his nose, another time a different part of his lip. He recently started marking his outbreaks on a calendar, and like clockwork, its once a month.

So here is the weird part, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue...

Forewarning this is definitely TMI territory....

His outbreaks coincide with my monthly cycle. 3 days exactly after we get down and dirty, right after my cycle ends, he wakes up with a cold sore. So my question is, can there be something about the act or fluids involved in going down on a woman that trigger cold sores? Am I just toxic to him and have to leave that act out of playtime altogether? Should it be something else entirely and I'm just seeing the wrong pattern?

Please help! Desperate for answers before this kills our relationship.

Hi @Badger1215 and welcome to H Opp!

Lol, you're not toxic to him. What is probably happening there is a lot of friction around his mouth area as he's going down on you, which is "waking up" his oral herpes infection. Same reason why genital-to-genital sex itself can trigger genital herpes outbreaks to reawaken from dormancy. Is he gentle while going down on you or does he get pretty friction-y? 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: