• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Aspirin lessens herpes outbreak recurrences?

So. My story is long and complex as is everyone’s here. But lately, I’m trying so hard to focus on self help rather than self pity and in doing so, I’ve come across studies of aspirin having a significant effect on herpetic recurrence. Apparently, people who take a small dose of aspirin every day, have significantly less or no OB’s for the duration. I am not in any way in favour of people doing so without the advice of their GP because long term aspirin use carries significant health risks of its own. Does anyone have any thoughts or personal experience? 

Sounds interesting. Can you post the studies you found about this? 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• 4 months later...

Makes sense since so many conditions are linked to inflammation in the body. (Which is why chronic stress is such a big instigator of disease.) If we can keep inflammation at bay, we can stave off a lot of maladies (not just herpes outbreaks). Before going the daily aspirin route and getting those possible nasty side effects, try turmeric (a natural anti-inflammatory) first. I take a few capsules of the stuff every day in addition to my regular regimen of multi-vitamin, fish oil, vitamin B12, etc. I can't speak to its direct impact on bringing down herpes outbreaks since they are now rare for me a decade later, but definitely a more natural anti-inflammatory to consider first. 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• mr_hopp changed the title to Aspirin lessens herpes outbreak recurrences?