• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Confused about Diagnosis - Input Appreciated!

akirn

Hi everyone! Forgive me if this is a bit long, but I'm hoping to get a little input on my situation, and see if anyone has any similar experiences! I was diagnosed with GHSV-1 in 2018. At the time, it was pretty instant and self-explanatory - I broke out three days after being intimate with a new partner, went in right away, and was swabbed positive for GHSV-1. I took a blood test around that time, too, which showed up negative for HSV-2 and had a very low positive for HSV-1, indicating a new infection. I was upset at the time, but over the course of the past two years, have come to a place of relative peace with the situation. I even started dating again last year, which brings me to my current situation.

I quit talking to my most recent partner in November. Then, in January, I was shaving my bikini area. I thought I nicked myself with my razor, as there appeared to be a cut in between my labia at the top of my vaginal area. I didn't think much of it, but it didn't seem to go away for weeks. Then, a few weeks ago, I randomly break out into the worst outbreak I've ever had. I've had maybe one tiny OB in the two years since my diagnosis, but other than that have been symptom-free. I went in to my gyno and explained my situation, and she ran a full STD panel, including bloodwork. To my surprise, the bloodwork came back with a 1.2 Igg for HSV-1, and a 5.0 Igg for HSV-2. The Igm's were both negative. 

I'm a little confused. I've only been with two partners since my diagnosis - do I just have the worst luck ever?! Has anyone else been test positive for both GHSV-1 and GHSV-2? My Igg results for the HSV-1 were essentially the same from when I was first tested in 2018, and remain on the edge of registering as inconclusive - is it possible the initial swab was incorrect and I've had HSV-2 all along? Is it possible to have a false positive for HSV-2 if I already have HSV-1? Also, would having both make me more contagious? I'm feeling a little disheartened, as I was just moving on with life after the first diagnosis. I'm worried my life is going to be one constant outbreak now. Any input is appreciated!

Thanks!

• 2 months later...