• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just found out I have HSV 2 with blood work

So I got blood drawn a month ago and I finally got my results and I was both HSV1 and HSV2 positive my HSV 1 was at a 56. Which I’ve had for a long time and occasionally get cold sores and my HSV 2 result was 1.66 I’ve never had any symptoms or outbreaks but I do have a lot of ingrown hair bumps could that be considered symptoms? And if I do have it it was from 2 years that I was with an ex that gave me 2 other STDs and it’s the last person I had unprotected sex, does anyone think I could have been a false positive? It makes me sad cuz I am older and I don’t have kids and I think no one will want to even take me serious. :(

I'm not an expert by any means, but I think you should retest. It's a low igg. I'm not sure what it should be after 2 years, but I think it would be higher. If you've had sex since then, but protected, you could have got it more recently. I still vote to retest though. Check out Terri Warren's forums and consider a Western Blot if needed. 

15 hours ago, VhYolo said:

I'm not an expert by any means, but I think you should retest. It's a low igg. I'm not sure what it should be after 2 years, but I think it would be higher. If you've had sex since then, but protected, you could have got it more recently. I still vote to retest though. Check out Terri Warren's forums and consider a Western Blot if needed. 

Thank you for answering well I finally had a look at my results more carefully so HSV1 was a score of 34 and HSV2 was a score of 1.33 and yes I have had sex protected but it would be to early for me to test for that encounter for it to show up on the test I don’t know if you get what I mean? I’ve been trying to look at it but I can’t find it, I am just trying to find answers because I don’t want to infect no one else that the last time I want to do to someone