• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

What to do after ending a relationship with a hsv2 partner

I have been casually seeing a girl for the last year. She has genital hsv2. On daily meds and as far as I know has never had an outbreak since we have been hanging out. We have always used condoms. 

It doesn’t look like the relationship is going anywhere. So if I start dating again do I need to get tested? Do I need to disclose to new partner. 
I have never had any signs or symptoms. 
Testing doesn’t seem to be easy to get here. I also have oral hav1. 

I recently stopped seeing someone who was HSV2+. I just completed my third at home test. I tested at 4 weeks, 8 weeks, and 12 weeks since last possible exposure. I read some of the posts on Terri Warren's forums and found a post from someone similar to me (and sounds like you also). I have oral HSV1 and have had zero symptoms or possible outbreaks after being in a relationship with someone who has HSV2, on daily suppressive meds, and used condoms. Her reply to that person's post was to move on after getting a negative test at 12 weeks and accept the negative result. I tested negative at 12 weeks, but for absolute peace of mind I might test again at 16 weeks. I am seeing someone new. I did disclose to him that I had been exposed and was testing. I have no reason to think I have it, but even if there is a small chance I figured I would feel better telling him. I had my new partner take an at home STD test, which actually included HSV2 in the panel. Now that I've been on this site and learned how common it is, I figured it wouldn't hurt to have him test too. So many people have it and dont know they have it. 

I've been using an at home igg test through mylabbox.com. I've had good experiences with all the tests I've done through them. It costs $80 per test of $60 if you get it on sale.

• 2 weeks later...