• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

4 sores at once?

Hi, I have had genital herpes for 35 years.  They say the outbreaks become less severe over the years, but that has not been the case with me. 

Two months ago, for the first time, I had three sores, one right after the other.  The first had not fully healed before the second one came, and same with the third.  My gynecologist found nothing abnormal.  This week, I had three herpes sores at the same time, and today a fourth is appearing.  I can think of no reason for this.  I have not been under stress, in fact I've been happy.  I have a healthy diet, my sleep is normal.  I've been sitting a little more than usual, because business has slowed down this month at our store---otherwise, no changes from my normal routine.  Has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone have any ideas?

• 2 months later...

Start keeping journal of foods you eat, your thoughts, clothing, sex lifestyle (including self sex), worries, etc. Find a trigger. Also, start taking L-lysine 500mg or higher daily. When I take it consistently, I don’t get outbreaks. As soon as I stop, they come back but ONLY if it’s triggered. Ive had it since May 2018. Ive had less than 10 outbreaks for those two years. Currently have one now in a new place but still genitals and i havent been taking my supplements & also possibly triggered it through sex acts.