• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Dating question for herpes veterans (or newbies too!).

i recently started talking to a man online from a general dating site. We took it offline and text every day. I’ve been talking to him for a couple of weeks and today we were discussing things we do and don’t do and he said he doesn’t do STDs. I didn’t know how to respond to that, but I did not disclose. He lives in a different city than me and will travel a decent distance to meet me and has plans to this week. I don’t want to waste his time or mine by not telling him beforehand, but typically I disclose in person. How would you all handle this? TIA!

💜 Rachael

I would recommend you take the opportunity to meet him in person. He doesnt know you that well so he will bail if you tell him now. BUT if you guys atleast meet first, build some comfort, then it will be easier to disclose and he will see you for more than just a virus. See you for the real you.

Disclosing sucks, but its necessary if you want to sleep in peace every night. Just have to get used to the process of disclosure so its becomes less uncomfortable..

Good Luck 🙂