• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Disclosing for the first time tonight 😬

I plan on disclosing for the first time ever, tonight. I am extremely nervous as to how his reaction will be but honestly feel like it needs to be said. Even if it doesn’t work out with him at least I can say I have finally built up enough courage to disclose to someone I  am developing feelings for. Positive thoughts send them my way! 

I hope it went well for you !! ☺️ Sounds like you have a great positive mindset about the whole thing! The fact you have felt confident in disclosing is brilliant, it shows you’ve overcome the worst part ! And  if he doesn’t accept you for it then it means he wasn’t right for you anyway, you got this 💪🏽 X

I'd love to hear how it went, too @DoesntDefineMe! And remember that nervousness and excitement show up in the same part of your brain. So it's all about perspective whether you experience it one way or the other. Fascinating ... Here's to your courage! 🙌

And for anyone else needing a quick read to get you in the Opportunity mindset leading up to a disclosure, grab the short e-book I wrote here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Thank you for the kind words! So I ended up not disclosing that night, but instead disclosed the next day via text. I know some people may say it’s not the best way to do it but I find myself better at explaining thing in writing rather than saying it in person. He was very understanding and said he was so sorry this happened to me. He asked me a few questions and then continued on with our normal conversation. He’s coming over for dinner tonight so I’m not sure if more will be brought up then. All I can say is that whether or not this works out I am soooo proud of myself for being able to tell him. I am hoping this shows him just how open and honest of a person I am. 

• Like 2