• Need support? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum, a supportive and positive group of people to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have ... 

AnonJack

She performed Oral on me. Now has GHSV2 (and OHSV2)

I am writing this in utter confusion and disbelief.  I have done my research for many months and it seems everywhere I looked I found the same information on how contracting GHSV2 is typically done: from Genital SKIN to SKIN.

While I was asymptomatic (infected but had no clue), a lady friend of mine decided to give me oral. Prior to this, she had never had cold sores nor herpes. I was the only partner she had in 3 years.

Only from Oral, she developed a sore above her lip about 60 days later. (2 months)   That is when I told her that I had been tested positive. We never had sex so I wasn't in too much of a hurry to disclose. I assume worst case scenario would be that she may have contracted oral HSV2 (super rare 1%)  

Then as her sore above her lip surfaced, the also stated that she also experienced a genital outbreak as well.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? Can you get GHSV2 from performing oral sex on a H+ male?  I was thinking worst case scenario she would get OHSV2.

I am so shocked with this news. I cant help it I feel so guilty of passing this to her. She has already forgiven me but I am unable to forgive myself. I can't sleep, I can't focus on anything. I can't believe that I ruined someones life unknowingly.

Has anyone else experienced this exact same surprise?  All the data I have seen basically is FALSE.  

YOU CAN GET GENITAL HSV2 BY SIMPLY GIVING SOMEONE A BLOWJOB.  You dont need to have vaginal sex to contract it.

Thats a scary thought. I wanted to share this experience with the community. 

um what? Think u should really listen to the information ur research is telling you. 

I think I have OHSV2. I have never had a culture test done because I don’t get the typical outbreaks. I get a peeling sensation on the mucosal membranes in my mouth. I was also diagnosed with GHSV2.