• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes reaction from getting the flu shot?

I have had H for over ten years. I don't always get flu shots but some years I do. I have never had a bad reaction when getting the shot. If your doctor recommends it I say go for it, as long as your doc knows you have herpes I don't think they would recommend you get the shot knowing you would have a bad reaction, and of course the pros of getting the shot would probably out weigh the bad reaction anyhow. I do not usually get the flu (wether I get the shot or not) but I guess that depends on you and your history with winters and getting the flu. I am clearly not a doctor but in my experience having H and getting a flu shot I have never had any type of reaction.

Best of luck!!

Megan

Thank you! My doctor said to get it. I have never had the flu and I never got the shot either. I am getting older and would be unsure about getting it, even if I didn't have herpes. I am thankful for your input! I would love to hear from other too. However, I am pretty sure I will be getting the shot this week. Thanks again.