• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Three weeks in, my story

So here I am, three weeks in to my diagnosis.

I am a 26 year old girl.

Still confused, but still alot better since when I recieved the news. I was diagnosed with HSV2 genitally.

I started out with Valacyclovir for ten days, which helped alot and the sores cleared up. I started to feel like myself again. 

Two days passed since those 10 days and I started to feel herpes like symptoms again, itching and discomfort in the genital area.

I got prescribed more Valacyclovir for recurrence outbreaks so I started a new 5 days cure and after 2 days it started to clear up.

I still have 1,5 days left of these 5 days so I’m feeling a little anxious if I will get the symptoms back soon again. 

I have been going to a therapist since the diagnoses and it helps with my anxiety over my future. I’ve had some thoughts like ”how will I ever find someone who can accept this” and so on. My therapist told me that I could get rejected even if I didn’t have this diagnosis and it’s true.

In the beginning I thought that I had ”herpes” written on my forehead, but the more I hung out with friends and went to work, the more I realized that no one knows, and no one has too know unless I tell them.

I’m not sure where I am going with this, but I wanted to share my story.

It has really inspired me to be a better person and take better care of myself. In the next few months I will focus on what makes me feel good, hanging out with friends, going on walks and so on.

Still anxious about my future and anxious about how often I will get outbreaks, but learning that the antivirals make the symptoms totalt disappear is really helping me get through this. 

I understand your frustration and am sympathetic of how you are feeling now. I am 24 almost 25 and was diagnosed September of 2018. The first couple weeks were hard for me as well. I didn’t feel like myself, I was distant and shut out the world around me. Luckily, I was not as affected as other were after diagnosis. In fact, I was so un affected that sometimes I didn’t think the tests were right. 

I can assure you some days will be hard and you will not feel like yourself. I personally was diagnosed in front of my boyfriend at the time and luckily he stayed with me and we have been together ever since. However, it is still hard because sometimes I feel like I am with him because I have to be and because it is safe. He will stay with me, but sometimes I feel there is someone else I am supposed to be with but can’t because I am damaged goods. It is perfectly fine to feel this way sometimes. 

just know that the things you are feeling and the things you are thinking we all have been though. I personally put myself on permanent medication in case I ever had an outbreak and could take care of it right away. Maybe something to look into. You can always talk to me if you feel alone or need someone to talk to! We are all in this together!

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I see what you mean regarding your boyfriend, but if you aren’t happy with him you shouldn’t stay, but I get your point.

I’m single and I think I will never find someone who will accept this virus.

Where I live I do think that herpes is even more common here. They say that 1/3 of all pregnant women here have HSV2, that’s alot, but no one ever talks about it so it’s hard to think that it’s soooo common.