• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I disclosed, he accepted, but now he’s moving ...

Hey everyone. I disclosed for the first time to a guy I was dating for a month. He took it really well and we continued seeing each other but never had sex. He is moving two hours away and all along the talk was that we were going to try and do the long distance and see how it goes. Well it seems that now he doesn’t want to do it because he feels as though we can’t have sex because of my situation. I’m broken to be honest. I was upfront and honest with this guy and put my guard down. I had hopes that this would develop a stronger relationship and in the end, he bailed. I feel defeated by this. It makes me wonder if I will ever find someone who truly accepts me for me. I don’t know how to feel at this point. Just could use some words of encouragement. Thanks for reading. 

I know it hurts, especially after making yourself vulnerable and then getting a resounding “no thanks.” I’m sorry for that.

And remember that it’s only a true rejection of you reject yourself and make it about you not being enough. You just weren’t right for him. Which ultimately means he wasn’t right for you. You are always enough for the relationship that is right for you. And this just wasn’t it. Try not to take it too personally and definitely don’t make it into proof that you won’t find someone in the future. That’s some grade A BS. 😉 

And by the way, congratulations on having the courage and integrity to disclose. I’m impressed. It’s not always easy, but it is always worth it to speak your truth and share yourself, regardless of the outcome. 💪👊

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

@mr_hopp thank you for your response. I am trying really hard to not let it get to me but I think between this and all the chaos going on in today’s world, I’m having a harder time dealing with it than I usually would. I too, am proud that I had the courage to tell him. He’s younger than I am so I feel like maturity has a lot to do with why he decided not to take the risk. He still messages me every day saying he misses me but I’m wondering if continuing to talk to him is doing more harm, than good. Sorry for the vent. I am just at a loss right now lol.