• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Suicidal thoughts

Doctor told me I had a cold sore on my face thst it was herpes simplex virus, this was about 3 months ago and have since had several outbreaks and have been treating it with Valtrex. This has caused me extensive mental stress and feelings of things being over, so many feelings rushing over me, stressed about telling loved ones, being seen with a cold sore on my lip, it's alot to take on, question is, how do yall deal with that feeling?? How do you come back from this.. 

Hey there. Did the doctor do a swab test to find out which type you had? I know it’s a huge shock when you hear those words come out of your physicians mouth, but just know that having oral hsv is extremely common. The first 6 months your body is building antibodies against the virus. Once it has established antibodies, your outbreaks should decrease. Just know that it is normal to feel anxious and depressed in the begging but those feelings will subside. Also-are you out in the sun a lot?

Thanks for the kind words. No they didn't do a swab test just a visual confirmation, he told me it was hsv 1 or more commonly known as cold sores. Having had to get medication 5 times in the last 3 months or so has helped a little bit, but I'm not one for taking medication and I'm sure there are long term effects for taking Valtrex thst could harm me so I don't want to be taking it but it's impossible to not take it when you're having 5 or 6 out breaks in a 3 MOnth span

Get a swab test or blood test to confirm you actually have Herpes in the first place.  There are other oral sores such as canker sores.  

Oral Herpes is very very common.  Not something to want to kill yourself over.  It will get better