• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HI all, 

Hope you're all safe and healthy! I've had HSV2 since February 2019 and have since then started dating an old boyfriend again. He has accepted my diagnoses and realizes the consequences. Since we started dating, we have always used condoms and have avoided sex during an outbreak or prodome symptoms. He is H- as of now from what we gather. However, he now wants to start having sex without a condom (I am on birth control). He says he knows that we could possibly get it, but I really don't think he understands the true outcome of him being H+. I'm not sure how comfortable I am not using a condom because I would feel extremely horrible if he became H+. That would make life more tough for him if we were to break up. I don't want him to go through what I have gone through. But he says that there's a chance he could already have it since we've been intimate, so why not just not use a condom... I just don't know what to do because it is his decision at the end of the day... Do I let him make his own decision or stand my ground? I just want to spare him the pain. 

This may just be my opinion but I would suggest using condoms until you two are completely sure you will be spending forever together. I don’t think one knows the impact of the diagnosis has until it happens to them. And you wouldn’t want him using this against you by some chance it doesn’t work out and you want to go your separate ways. It is both of your decisions to go forward without using condoms. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DoesntDefineMe said:

This may just be my opinion but I would suggest using condoms until you two are completely sure you will be spending forever together. I don’t think one knows the impact of the diagnosis has until it happens to them. And you wouldn’t want him using this against you by some chance it doesn’t work out and you want to go your separate ways. It is both of your decisions to go forward without using condoms. 

I agree. I don't think it's not smart to go ahead without condoms. We both need to be comfortable without using them and I don't. So, I will stand my ground! Thanks for taking the time to reply.