• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Gene Editing Herpes?

So I found another forum called Honeycomb and came across a thread about gene editing for herpes. Has anyone heard of this? I googled it and found a company called CRISPR or something. I really hope this is something that can be done in the future. Also a new drug approved for shingles in Japan that is said to help with hsv 1&2 called amenaleaf they were talking about. Something needs to be done to end our suffering when antivirals aren’t working anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Prayerfully. I’m not wholly convinced. I like the research, but nothing has been successful. EVER! If this is successful, I’m certain big pharma which pays/funds the FDA will have the treatment halted to preserve the interests & assists of their initiatives: Valtrex & acyclovir. 

• Like 1