• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Can somebody go through all symtoms but not have a blister visable?

So this has played on my mind on and off for a few years. I was diagnosed with hsv2 2 years ago,I caught it off a guy I had slept with (when I asked to use condoms he said I promise you I have never had anything wrong with me) and we had unprotected sex (The sex was the worst, which makes it even more, not worth getting this virus)

On the week before seeing him he told me that he hadn't been feeling well that he had a fever,swollen lymph nodes under his armpits, headaches and body aches but the day before seeing him he told me he was feeling better. 

I didn't know at the time till after I slept with him and was diagnosed as I had a blister appear (which may I add was the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life,not being well enough to look after my son and go to work with countless trips back and forth to the doctors and sexual health clinic to diagnose me) that after doing my own research on a virus that I knew little about at the time that all his symtoms linked to a first outbreak that he was having. During sex I never saw anything there but to be honest I didn't go down there to inspect it fully and when I got my first blister it was just one sore, it didn't stand out and look as shocking as the photos on google but I did notice the day after that he did have a wart on his finger (he works as a fitter so probably caught it at work I'm not sure) Don't know if it was herpes on his finger that would of given me hsv2 there or whether he had one on his genitals?

My question is..can somebody have hsv2 with all the symptoms just not the blister or that he had to have a painful blister somewhere and just not tell me seen as he had the rest of the symtoms with your first herpes outbreak. When I asked him he got quite defensive and never will I ever see or speak to him again as he ignored me after that.

"My question is..can somebody have hsv2 with all the symptoms just not the blister or that he had to have a painful blister somewhere and just not tell me seen as he had the rest of the symtoms with your first herpes outbreak" 

He could have been "shedding" where the virus is active and can be contagious but not have broken out into blisters at that moment you had sex.  

That's from what I have gathered is possible going by the amount of info I've read myself in this group.  

And so this person you had sex  with may have been in that stage and not have any visible blisters.  And may have not even known he had herpes.   

OR he could have had a blister somewhere in his groin area,  genital area,  but not realize it was herpes and thought  it just was a pimple or something.   It is very possible that he didn't know he had herpes.   Not everyone breaks out in a ton of sores.  

I didn't.   I have hsv2.   

After being diagnosed and learning and listening to our bodies Some of us herpe sufferers   know that we are heading into a breakout when we get "tingling buzzing vibrations" sensations in our genital area,  or feel an itch may feel under the weather etc.  That's when it is  possible to be contagious in this "shedding". Period  And not have any blisters emerge straight away. 

• Thanks 1

I couldn't edit my post. 

But just wanted to add. 

It is possible he didnt know.   And it is possible he Did know and was irresponsible and withheld that info from you.    

Also some sufferers of herpes are ignorant and believe that they're not contagious if they don't have a blister.   But that's not quite accurate as I explained in my above post.  

I get tingling and signs prior to a break out.  A break out is when a blister sore actually appears.  Once I get a breakout and a blister appears.  I can be having the "tingling" sensations go on for a 2, 3,   weeks or even more even after the sore has healed up.  It is very possible I am still contagious in this time.  

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Birdsandbutterflies said:

I couldn't edit my post. 

But just wanted to add. 

It is possible he didnt know.   And it is possible he Did know and was irresponsible and withheld that info from you.    

Also some sufferers of herpes are ignorant and believe that they're not contagious if they don't have a blister.   But that's not quite accurate as I explained in my above post.  

I get tingling and signs prior to a break out.  A break out is when a blister sore actually appears.  Once I get a breakout and a blister appears.  I can be having the "tingling" sensations go on for a 2, 3,   weeks or even more even after the sore has healed up.  It is very possible I am still contagious in this time.  

Thank you so much for taking the time to read it all and respond. It has been very helpful in understanding how  he may not of known he had it despite his symptoms.

I will never know whether he did know or not but either way I have it now and people out there who delibretly spread it knowingly get away with it sadly.

I thought shedding was that you had no symptoms with it at all,I did not know you could have all the symptoms except a visable blister that may or may not appear.. It was clear from his symptoms that he must of been having his 1st outbreak,I know he was having some personal family problems that were causing him stress so he may or may not have had herpes in his system but due to stress it came out,with herpes you just never know do you. But he lives in a different town so least I have comfort in not having to bump into him as this has been something that has took a lot to come to terms with,with time and in a way to forgive him and not hold onto anger and just see it as it happens and its a part of life.

How long have you had this for? Does it effect your life and relationships? 

For me I decided to go on supressive therapy as I had painful outbreaks and it was a hard reminder each time and acyclivor has been a god send for me which has helped me heal from it and continue life pain free from outbreaks. I am in a relationship for over a year and he accepts it and never saw it as a problem at all,Apart from taking the daily tablets I wouldn't know I have it. 

Over a year ago I was diagnosed  as I broke out with this one sore  Right in the perineum area. incredibly painful.  Just awful.   I had no clue and went to the physician and the test results revealed that I had hsv2.    

I was devastated and in utter shock.   My husband and I have a good relationship and we've been together for many years and I had to tell him.   It was awful but he was not cheating on me or anything.  And nor I on him.  My husband has never had any kind of symptoms.   The doctor said it's possible for people to have the virus for years before  having a breakout or never have a break out.  My husband hasn't got tested.  

I looked it up and did research and read other people's stories and experiences and it is true.   It can lay dormant in the body  for many years.   Who knows where I got it from.  I honestly don't know.  I've had more than one sex partner in my life.    I don't know if my husband could have it and be a carrier. That's something I don't know much about.    

I was under stress and I do have an  autoimmune disease so we put it down to the reason as to why the virus became active and  surfaced a year ago. 

I was given the acyclivor which I Don't know if it helped or not to tell you the truth.  The sore lasted for 2 weeks or so and I was in pain.      I wasn't working which is a good thing so I could go around not wearing anything other than a skirt as underwear and clothing hurt to wear.  I did self treatments and remedies that I read about in this forum.   Epsom salt sitz bath helps.   And lemon balm salve.  L Lysine plus supplement and oregano oil.   I do it all when I have a break out.  

I have had a couple of more outbreaks over the year since then  slightly  less severe than the first one  and  I  use  the natural approach that  I mentioned.  I don't visit the doctor and am not on a daily prescribed medicine and so I manage without.     I feel that it isn't too invasive in my life and I deal with it.   I obviously wish I didn't have it but can't do much about it. It is a horrible virus to have.   And I feel badly for Anyone who has it. 

I am happy that you have it under control and you're in good relationship and your partner is understanding and kind about it.  That's cool.