• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Menstrual & GHSV2

Currently on my period AND have an outbreak in a new spot (left labia). Super uncomfortable. Walking with a fake limp to avoid friction & awkward wide legs in private. Thank God for the invention of period panties because it helped minimize the discomfort. Normally, period-free outbreaks I go commando. Anywho, what have you found comfort in to ease pain, especially during shower time? Normally I don’t have much pain when I’m washing, but this area has had me breaking down in tears & anger daily. 

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's a little late now but..Ice packs have always made things better for me and also not rubbing anything down there and wearing cotton panties..I've learned if I go commando I will have an outbreak so I've recently stopped that. When in the shower if you have a shower head that comes off try to hold it on the outbreak and let the water hit it it makes it feel so good. I've laid in the tub with legs up to let the water from faucet hit an outbreak it kind of numbs it a bit warm water.