• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Tired from acyclovir?

• mr_hopp changed the title to Tired from acyclovir?

Fatigue isn't a common side effect with acyclovir, but it can happen. See here: https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/acyclovir-oral-route-intravenous-route/side-effects/drg-20068393?p=1

More often, fatigue comes from the psychological stress that can come from getting a stigmatized STD. Do you need to be taking your meds? Can you try going off them for a month and see if the fatigue subsides? There are only 2 reasons you need to be taking herpes medication, so it may be a good test to see if you notice a difference.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Thanks for your reply @mr_hopp. I only take it when I feel an outbreak coming on. I have had herpes for 15 years so I don't feel bad about it. But I've only started having outbreaks in the last 2 years so haven't much experience with the meds. Just finding when I take them it I am getting grumpy and tired. But there may be no correlation 😂

Yeah, it's probably just a red herring. Acyclovir is innocent, I tell ya! 😝

• Haha 1

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: