• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Index value decrease overtime?

Can anyone provide me with any knowledge you have on the index value part of this disease? I was diagnosed with HSV2 in January 2019 And my value was 18.0 I just retested June 2020 and my value is 14.80 what could this mean? Why is the value decreasing? And what does the value tell you? I have researched over and over and I’m still unclear on this part of it.

Thanks for any help!

2 hours ago, Livinglife2019 said:

Wow, seriously? That’s amazing! I really wish it was more resources on the way the values work.

Not amazing. I can barely get help because no one believes I have the virus. I get pains but no lesions. 
I started getting dizzy; I also experience a hosts of other symptoms. I saw to an infectious disease doctor who said my symptoms sound like encephalitis but I’m testing as negative. It truly sucks. I’m not sure what twisted hsv2 type I have. 

50 minutes ago, HopefulHerpy said:

Not amazing. I can barely get help because no one believes I have the virus. I get pains but no lesions. 
I started getting dizzy; I also experience a hosts of other symptoms. I saw to an infectious disease doctor who said my symptoms sound like encephalitis but I’m testing as negative. It truly sucks. I’m not sure what twisted hsv2 type I have. 

Wow I thought you meant it was gone out of your body completely no signs or symptoms. I’m so sorry. That’s so strange I’ve never heard of HSV2 being like that before. So if you’re testing negative but you still have it can you still pass it to someone? Sorry for my ignorance I just never heard of a case like this.

1 hour ago, HopefulHerpy said:

Have you thought about getting the western blot? Your levels weren’t really high to begin with so it’s possible you may have received a false positive. With numbers that low I would definitely purchase a western blot to confirm whether or not you have HSV1 or hsv2