• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Constant little blister

Hi, I just wanted to ask what to do. 

I have been diagnosed with hsv-2 12 weeks ago. Since then I have had 3 ob. I have been taking the antivirals for every outbreak which helps, but what I have noticed is that the main blister where the ob always starts never goes away. It does shrink and it's not painful but it is always there. 

Anyone has been on a similar situation? Any advice would be appreciated, thank you 

• 2 weeks later...

If it's a blister, then I would suggest going to the clinic to get it swabbed. They'll need to break it open to get as much of the fluid inside on the swab as possible. It will be painful. But you will be able to get an answer about whether that's still an active outbreak or not. Outbreaks don't tend to be persistent like that for the long-term, so I would assume it's something else, but it's hard to say from behind my keyboard. Have you had your doc look at it? 

• Like 1

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

I have recently had the same issue.  I used to only take the acyclovir with an OB and I would take it twice a day.  My new doc said to take It once a day and that tiny  little blister turned into a very painful one that I am currently Now treating. I am also using essential oils topically to hopefully hurry it along.  

Hi, I’m in the same boat. Was diagnosed with HSV 2 at the end of February. First outbreak was painful, but I now have one blister that’s been there for over three weeks. I’m taking daily suppressive meds, but it’s not going away. But it doesn’t hurt at all. It’s not itchy or bothering me in any way, but I’m pretty sure it’s an outbreak. The only reason I noticed it is, for some unknown reason, i decided to take a mirror and look down there to see if I had anything. So who knows, I possibly had other outbreaks before without knowing it.