• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Recently diagnosed(hsv2) don’t know if I’m having symptoms

Recently I was diagnosed with hsv-2. Friday will make a week , before that I wasn’t feeling symptoms but ever since I started doing research / reading forums I feel like I’ve just been waiting for symptoms . Every itch , every tingle I get anxious feeling like I’m preparing for death Bc I’ve heard your first outbreak is THE WORST. I live with my parents and have not told them but I feel like if it comes to the point where I’m crying and can’t sit down they will know . I’m not ready to tell them . I have to do it on my own terms you know . Anyway I noticed a small bump very tiny which I assumed is herpes it has now gone away within two days . I feel slight discomfort and at times I might get a tingle for a second or an itch randomly and it goes away . My doctor said she really can’t do anything until I show symptoms ., I’m worried it will get worse should I ask for medicine before it does . I’m just so worried please help 

Why did you get tested for HSV? It's not recommended to get tested if you dont have symptoms, because the results can be confusing. Were you exposed at any point? 

You might not ever get a big, first breakout. If you've had it for a while and havent experienced one, you may not have one.