• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Vagina not the same now

Is anyone’s vagina not the same since their first HSV outbreak?

i had daily prodome symptoms for the first 6 months and then they went away for a bit and now they have been back daily.....my first outbreak was 9 months ago and I haven’t had a second one yet...

it constantly feels like I have BV or yeast infection but I’ve been tested for both and I don’t have them...

this has been daily since my outbreak so I’m guessing it’s nerves....did anyone’s nerve pain go away on it’s own eventually? 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh @Blue1982, I’m sorry things don’t feel quite right for you and your vagina! For most, the nerve sensations go away with time. The year mark tends to be the magic number on average when the body really gets a handle on the virus to suppress it more and more naturally. 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

@mr_hopp thank you so much for replying....all the doctors I’ve been to say HSV is basically just a skin rash and my daily pain isn’t from that but it’s been non-stop since my initial outbreak....even now my orgasms are extremely painful and my ultrasound shows nothing. 
I am PRAYING the pain stops by 12 months... thank you for the response! 

Absolutely. I'm hoping this all subsides for you, too! 🤞 Just keep taking care of yourself is the most important thing. Big hugs to you and have a great weekend! 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@lil devy honestly, my vagina feels better lately. It’s taken months....however, I’ve had daily pelvic pain for about 4 months now and the last 3 times I orgasmed, it hurt a lot like shooting electrical currents instead of feeling good. I’m too scared to try to orgasm again...I’m hoping that will go away too after some time.

@lil devy I really think for some people it takes months for things to feel normal down there...I’ve been swabbed for BV and yeast and trich multiple times since my diagnosis 10 months ago. Everything else is normal.

I’m keeping hope that things feel better after the 1 year mark...I’ll wait longer if I need to but I really don’t see this lasting forever. My genital symptoms were MUCH worse during the first 6 months. Some days it would feel like intense burning or cuts. It hurt to walk sometimes (with no outbreaks)....if I compare myself to how it was during the first 6 months...it’s so much better.

when did you get diagnosed? 

@Blue1982 I have the same

problem!!!!!! The only other thing I have is it just feels like weird down there like my vaginal opening feels just not right idk if you felt that too but I feel so much better knowing I’m not the only one w these symptoms! I got diagnosed is August but started having symptoms in may.

I was diagnosed 15 days ago. My lesions are healing but it’s the itching, tingling and stabbing nerve pain that is really nagging for 2 days. I’m taking valtrex and L-lysine. This nagging sensation is keeping me awake at night. I don’t know what to do. It won’t stop. My doctor only will provide meds at the beginning of the OB. I can’t live like this. Does anyone have suggestions?

Hello, 

I don't want to be a downer, but I have had the nerve pain now for over three years. I have times when it goes away for a few days at a time. I was laid off for 2.5 months due to Covid and it actually was gone the whole time...once I got over the stress of the layoff and uncertainty of it all. Came back within a month of being back to work, which was so different and busy! I do believe it's stress related but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck finding out if the nerves are actually damaged? This pain travels all around my body...legs, face, back, chest, vulva, etc. It's so disheartening. I was diagnosed with HSV 1 and 2 three years ago, but have never had an outbreak, genitally or orally. There may have been a blister on my vulva at that time but it was never painful and went away in a day. I thought it was from tight jeans and feminine hygiene pads. If only. 

Thanks for reading and please let me know if anyone has had any relief or answers! 

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update: I recently read Dr. John Sarno's books on the Mind-body connection and it all made so much sense to me. I started practicing his strategies and I'm happy to report that my nerve pain has disappeared for the most part. I have occasional pain that I can get under control pretty easily before it worsens. I believe unresolved trauma and repressed emotions are a big part in chronic pain and finally decided to face it all. It's an ongoing process as stress is always with us, but I believe I am on the right track. 

I highly recommend his books or other mind body resources. Nichole Sachs has a good podcast and maybe a book as well. 

Peace and health! 

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...