• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Possible exposure. Looking for input and answers.

Hi all, 

I have spent hours scrolling though all of the stories and posts on this forum and the amount of empathy and sadness and glimmers of hope this site has offered me has been a blessing amidst all of the links I’ve clicked in search of answers. Basically my story is that I have been sleeping with this guy from my hometown, while I was away he slept with someone who has genital herpes. I do not know the details, though close friends of her sister say she’s had it for a while. I slept with him multiple times after the fact (before I knew), once or twice without a condom. When I heard he had been potentially exposed I immediately texted him and he confirmed he had slept with the girl, though he wouldn’t tell me if they used protection, he repeatedly told me he’s never had any symptoms and preceded to continue to try to hook up with me/ didn’t ghost me so I believe he at least believes he doesn’t have herpes. Thought after doing a dive into the internet I have realized 1. Herpes is much more common than I ever understood and 2. He could definitely have it and not know and have passed it to me. I got igg blood tested 3 weeks post my last exposure to him, and it came back negative though I know this isn’t a super reliable result given I’m supposed to wait for 12 weeks. I have been in absolute depressed panic mode, I check my vagina religiously and I have seen 3 different doctors over the course of the last 7 weeks since possible exposure who have examined me and told me I am okay and need to relax. (Not exactly easy). I have not had an outbreak, and I got some butt acne swabbed due to sheer panic and it came back negative. For the past week I have been feeling tingling in and all around my vagina that I only notice when sitting or going to bed, my gyno who I saw yesterday and my therapist told me this is a manifestation of stress. I’ve lost 10+ pounds and am overly analyzing every sensation. I guess I am here looking for input and answers. If you read and respond to this thank you and know I appreciate you greatly. 

On 8/6/2020 at 2:46 PM, Veryverystressed said:

Hi all, 

I have spent hours scrolling though all of the stories and posts on this forum and the amount of empathy and sadness and glimmers of hope this site has offered me has been a blessing amidst all of the links I’ve clicked in search of answers. Basically my story is that I have been sleeping with this guy from my hometown, while I was away he slept with someone who has genital herpes. I do not know the details, though close friends of her sister say she’s had it for a while. I slept with him multiple times after the fact (before I knew), once or twice without a condom. When I heard he had been potentially exposed I immediately texted him and he confirmed he had slept with the girl, though he wouldn’t tell me if they used protection, he repeatedly told me he’s never had any symptoms and preceded to continue to try to hook up with me/ didn’t ghost me so I believe he at least believes he doesn’t have herpes. Thought after doing a dive into the internet I have realized 1. Herpes is much more common than I ever understood and 2. He could definitely have it and not know and have passed it to me. I got igg blood tested 3 weeks post my last exposure to him, and it came back negative though I know this isn’t a super reliable result given I’m supposed to wait for 12 weeks. I have been in absolute depressed panic mode, I check my vagina religiously and I have seen 3 different doctors over the course of the last 7 weeks since possible exposure who have examined me and told me I am okay and need to relax. (Not exactly easy). I have not had an outbreak, and I got some butt acne swabbed due to sheer panic and it came back negative. For the past week I have been feeling tingling in and all around my vagina that I only notice when sitting or going to bed, my gyno who I saw yesterday and my therapist told me this is a manifestation of stress. I’ve lost 10+ pounds and am overly analyzing every sensation. I guess I am here looking for input and answers. If you read and respond to this thank you and know I appreciate you greatly. 

Heyyy I know this might not be much help but I’m going through the exact same thing as you. I think I also may have been exposed from sleeping with a guy who has slept with a girl who’s been diagnosed. The guy swears he doesn’t have it and that puts me at ease but at the same time I’m waiting to get a blood test to confirm. It’s been 4 weeks and I’m gunna get tested in another 4. 

its really stressful not knowing but try to breathe ! If this helps, I was told if you haven’t had an outbreak by three weeks then you probably didn’t get anything. That’s what’s been getting me through the days. But ya, It’s still good to get tested cuz people are asymptomatic too. 

I think I’m fine and I think you’re fine too but we’re both a bit of hypochondriacs. I shaved yesterday and swore I had bumps but when I looked an hour later they were gone so Obv the skin was just a little irritated from shaving. Try not to over analyze or you’ll drive urself crazy! 

Hi, thank you so much for response! Nice to know I’m not the only one in this situation, it’s been an intense past few months and I’ve basically stress manifested things and I can barely sleep let alone focus on anything. The guy won’t go get tested, I’m trying to wait for the 12 week mark to get blood tested again since that seems to be the tell all. I don’t know if I can handle the truth, but I need to know so I can protect future partners not that I am even thinking about that right now 😞

I felt the exact some way! I couldn’t eat for a week and it was all I thought abt but it’s been basically a month and I’m starting to think I don’t have anything. Of course It’s still in my mind All the time and I want to get tested but I basically take it day by day. I haven’t really had any pain or blisters at all but I feel the same tingles you’re talking about! I’m sure it’s all in my head though but the blood test will confirm in a few more weeks for me. I’m 23 & it’s kinda hard to avoid dating cuz I really wanna get back out there but this scare has me not wanting to do/ spread anything until I know I’m good to go. I read an article that said 70% of ppl who get hsv2 will have antibodies by the 6th week. I’m testing at 8 weeks instead of 12 cuz 12 weeks is just way too long to not know. 

I know the wait has literally been eating me alive! I’ve seen 3 medical professionals all w conflicting advice but basically saying im fine and need to chill, so much easier said then done. I’ve lost 10+ pounds it’s crazy what anxiety can do. I thought about going earlier this is my 8th week but w the way my brain works I feel like I will always be wondering what if so I am trying to push through to 12. The testing process is especially nerve racking, I got tested at 3 weeks at an urgent care when I knew absolutely nothing ab the way the testing works and of course they didn’t communicate anything with me. I am trying to tell myself that those negative results are at least a good sign, sometimes I wish no one had even told me he had slept w that girl w herpes. I miss just feeling like myself/ being able to live. But also thankful to some extent because the longer I saw him the more at risk I’d be, he only slept w her once to my knowledge/ that he’s disclosed but he won’t tell me if they used protection so I’m assuming no. He is totally living care free right now though and he continues to try to hit me up (even last night) even though I told him he’d been exposed, he definitely thinks he doesn’t have it but the whole asymptomatic thing is keeping me from putting my mind at ease.